Book Clubs: Carrie enjoys visiting book clubs in person and via Skype. Along with discussing one of her books, she loves to encourage reading friends and learn from them. She always brings extra books and bookmarks for a giveaway, or she mails them ahead if you are connecting with Skype. You can email Carrie through her website connect page and invite her to your group.
Speaking Topics: Carrie has spoken on a number of topics including writing, marriage, homeschooling and biblical encouragement for women as well as book talks. She is a Proverbs 31 She Speaks Graduate. Carrie is open to developing a special talk to meet the needs of your group.
Some of her topics include:
- Psalm 46 – Connecting with God and experiencing Him in deeper ways.
- From Fear to Faith – Learning to trust God through the struggles of life.
- Making the Most of Your Marriage – Sharing Biblical wisdom, inspiration, and practical ideas for wives.
- Mentoring Moments for Women – the joy of mentoring and how to develop a mentoring group in your church.
- Your Pathway to Publication – Sharing my writing journey along with tips and ideas for aspiring writers.
- Flipping the Switch – How to tap into the creative mode and write your first draft at top speed, then switch to the editing mode and polish your manuscript.
- Bringing History to Life – How to weave research into historical fiction so that your story is unique and resonates with readers.
- Teaching Creative Writing in Homeschooling – drawing on her 20 years of homeschooling experience, Carrie shares practical ideas to inspire parents and students.
- Helping Your Children Love Reading – The joys of reading aloud and practical ideas to inspire reluctant young readers.